A while back I mentioned how badly I wanted goldfish. Well… they are now mine 😀
Perhaps I shouldn’t be quite so pleased with this; I had room for the tank only because the Betta Sorority suffered a massive catastrophic collapse and had to be taken down. Still, GOLDFISH. I bought two Ranchu (a black and calico) for myself, and right now I have a little oranda-kun for my sister, too. Coast Gem USA was super helpful, btw– if you’re on instagram and looking into getting goldfish, look them up 🙂
Anyways, as I mentioned here, I signed up for the iPen box, and my March box arrived yesterday 🙂
Very cool little box 🙂
- I like the packaging– a iPen box with a wrapped package inside, and everything bundled up in plastic just in case the ink cartridge leaks.
- The theme was ‘Over the Rainbow’…I’d say it kept to the theme nicely.
- Sunshine– a Sheaffer VFM Metal Barrel Ballpoint Pen in a bright shade of yellow. Pretty boxed look, but ultimately just a ballpoint– this will be a gift for one of my sisters.
- Rainbows– a Rainbow Pencil (by Duncan Shotton). Doesn’t write in rainbows, but is made of rainbows– different colors appear in layers as you sharpen the pencil. Just a basic pencil lol
- Pentel 8 Color Pencil– coolest thing ever! Like one of those multicolor pens, except with colored lead in a revolver barrel. I wish the lead had a more professional feel to it (reminds me of Crayola), but I love the concept 🙂
- Clairefontaine 4×6 Notebook– mine was red. I like being able to test this paper brand; I’ve been curious for a while. Worked nicely with the inks I tried 🙂
- Four Leaf Clover– Rohrer & Klingner Fountain Pen Ink sample in Alt-Goldgrun– I’ll let the photos speak for themselves:
- I will probably be bringing that ink home. Lovely shading, and I like how it behaves with my black inks.
- Finally, as the Pot-O-Gold, a Jinhao 250 fountain pen + an extra nib– a calligraphy nib 🙂 I already have a few Jinhaos with medium nibs, so I swapped in the calligraphy nib. I’m liking it so far.
So, yeah, first month was awesome 🙂 I look forward to the next one! …and I’m super impatient for the first boxes for my other two subs, dude. SUPER IMPATIENT.
Oh. I did have one more ‘Jetbox’…
Unable to decide between the Kuretake #8 and the Pentel Arts Pocket Brush Pen. Only time will tell! >:K
Catch ya later!