Quite the nice little box here 🙂 Letsee…
From the top:
- Caran d’Ache Blackwood Maxi Pencil. Very soft lead for an HB; I’m not a huge pencil person, but this isn’t too bad 🙂 Plus it’s classy-looking lol
- Fountain Pen Ink Cartridge Filling System AKA a new syringe, which is great, seeing as my last one exploded.
- Ohto Tasche Fountain Pen– BRILLIANT! It looks so tiny at first, and then you post the cap and it functions like a full length pen 🙂 It’s perfect for a daily carry pack, and it writes well, too.
- Cross CuVerro V Copper Ballpoint Pen– it’s a ballpoint pen, so I’m not the best person to ask about this one. It’s heavy, which I like. I may try to find a gel pen refill to fit it so I don’t have to deal with ballpoint pen ink. I have no thoughts on the antimicrobial copper thing; I have no idea how legit that is. Still, it’s a pretty pen, so I’ll keep it around 🙂
- Field Notes “Sweet Tooth” editon– I’ve never used Field Notes before now…but I may have just ordered five packs of this edition 🙂 This specific edition works quite nicely with my fountain pens; I look forward to doing tiny comics or something in them 😀
The inks… well, those are best shown, rather than described:
- J. Herbin 1670 “Stormy Grey”– it’s been on my ‘try list’ since it first came out; basically it’s a really deep grey filled with fine gold glitter. It’s hard to photograph, but I think you can see it best in my dragon pic. I would probably use this one for brush work or dip pens; it can, with care, be used in a fountain pen, but I tested it in all three today, and I can’t say the glitter function worked as nicely in the fountain pen. It was kinda invisible. Super lovely with a paintbrush, though 🙂
- Pelikan Edelstein “Aquamarine”– I didn’t bother loading this one into a fountain pen, but look how nicely it did with a dip pen 🙂 This one surprised me; I’m tempted to buy a bottle– it shades so nicely, and I love the tones I got when I added a water brush– but I do have several inks in this basic color family already, so I’m not sure I need it… I will have to think about it. Maybe I’ll buy cartridges of it for one of my Jinhaos or something.
So that’s the April iPen box 😀 Already dying for the May box, lol.
Catch y’all later!