I’m way behind on reviewing these, so I’m just going to combine the four into one Mega-Post.
- I’m not huge on pencils, but this one was fairly pleasant to work with.
- Kuretake #7 is NOTHING like the #8 I love so much! #8 is an actually brush with bristles and everything. #7 is a felt-tip marker. They look the same and have the same cartridges, though.
- Caran d’Ache Fibralo Brush Marker functions a lot like the Koi Coloring Brush Pen from an earlier box. This color is nice for shading.
- I have no opinion on the Spectra AD Marker; i received the lightest shade of pink in existence, and I can’t even see it, let alone experiment with it lol
- The tiny Denik sketchbook is adorable. It’s in my shoulder bag along with my Field Notes. I do wish they could have found a way to ship it without rolling it up; it has a permanent crease on the cover now.
Sketch Box (Premium):
- I wasn’t expecting to like Pan Pastels– pastels and me don’t get along well– but these are applied with (basically) make-up sponges and thus don’t make a mess. They’re also crazy expensive (I want more colors!! >_<). I will have to experiment more in order to get better at creating depth of color.
- Love the Pitt Marker 🙂 I may need to buy more of these; I’d forgotten how nice they are.
- The Pitt Pastel (charcoal?) pencil worked ok, but it doesn’t seem to like my go-to paper, so I guess I won’t be using it often.
- Theme-wise, this box was a lot more laid back than the others; it looks– for lack of a better term– more ‘masculine’, and didn’t really appeal to me aesthetically.
- The two Baoer Eight Horses pens– the rollerball and the fountain pen– both look lovely but skip far more often than I’d like.
- Totally loving the Caran d’Ache Carpenter Pencil 🙂 I wish I had a sharpener for it, though. It’s great for quick, expressive sketching.
- The Schneider Sharky ballpoint is just another ballpoint. The grip section is too large for my hands, so this will probably be given away.
- I love Field Notes 🙂 This one with the Cherry cover is really cool; I haven’t decided what to use it for yet, but I LIKE.
- The ink sample– Diamine Rustic Brown– is a rich, gorgeous brown; I’m saving it for a special project, so more on that later 🙂
Apparently I was mistaken; April was not the last box I had paid for before ending my subscription… which turned out to be an epically good thing, because this was my favorite package in June 🙂
The Tombow pencils are wonderful– I’ve been using them a lot– but what impressed me most was the leather Fauxdori 😀 I added extra elastic so I can fir three Field Notes in there, and it’s been going with me everywhere ❤ As much as I love this package, though, I can’t see using notebooks fast enough to have to re-subscribe any time soon.
Other than Sketchbox, I’ve already tried three boxes for each subscription service. So far I’m leaning towards cancelling all but iPen– I’m just not getting inspired the way I suspected I would; having the freedom and $ to buy supplies as I find them and as they inspire me would probably be better. It’s been fun, though 🙂
Today’s page Catch-Up 🙂
Local shop had a massive yarn sale. I’ve been back three times so far 0_0 I’m trying to progressively buy up all their alpaca! Also a scarf I made lol
That’s all for right-this-moment; catch y’all later 🙂